Friday, January 1, 2016

Manitou Incline at Dusk/ December

I decided to do the Incline on my own since I was heading down that way in the afternoon. This was my second time completing the incline.

There was snow here and there so I was glad I brought my spikes.


As I got further up the rails were covered in snow.


On the way down I started taking the trail but it was getting so cold and I didnt bring extra layers. It was also getting dark and I neglected to bring a headlight. I guess I forgot what time it gets dark and how long it would take.

I decided to head back to the incline to go down because it was warmer. It was harder than coming up so I took my time. Colorado Springs in the distance looked so cool as it glowed with the snowfall- like a fire burning with embers.  I was never so happy to see my car parked at the bottom of the trail. By the way, no crowds or parking issues in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment